Risk Management and Insurance
RMI is a big deal. Paid internships are waiting for you!
Northeast Indiana is home to a thriving specialty business sector called Risk Management and Insurance. The University of Saint Francis is the first (and only) college in northern Indiana to offer a bachelor-level degree in the field! A wide range of exciting, high-paying career options are available with an RMI degree. You will be able to take meet executives who are practicing risk management, intern and connect with mentors before you graduate.
The insurance sector is a target industry for economic growth in Northeast Indiana.
What does this mean for you?
It means you’ll benefit from learning from the best in the industry. Leaders in the field collaborated with USF to design the RMI curriculum. They will also help teach your classes, mentor you and grant internships. Their expertise ensures you’ll receive hands-on experience and plenty of opportunities for project-based learning.
RMI degrees lead to these careers with Insurance companies in Northeast Indiana. Over 11,000 people (4,000 in specialty areas) are working Northeast Indiana for insurance companies of all sizes (local, state, national and international)
- Account management
- Organizational Development
Because the RMI program is offered by the Keith Busse School of Business and Entrepreneurial Leadership, you will have a well-rounded understanding of what makes RMI so important. You will have the practical understanding of the day-to-day operation of organizations at multiple levels.
And, as baby boomers are retiring now opening up well-paying jobs with many more to come. With a quality RMI bachelor’s degree from USF, employers know you have the specific knowledge plus the hands-on experience they need to grow with their company. With average salaries of more than $63,000, that’s what we call a major win!
Students in the RMI program learn how to:
• Think like a risk manager by identifying, analyzing and managing risks inherent in the operation of organizations
• Become problem solvers in evaluating risk scenarios and real authentic projects.
• Be a consultant, develop, and present a risk assessment plan
RMI Course Features
• Principles of Risk Management and Insurance
• Principles of Commercial Property and Liability Insurance
• Principles of Life and Health Insurance
• Insurance Operations
• Internship Opportunities at Insurance Companies
• Risk Management Consultant
• Claims Adjuster and Investigator
• Loss Control Specialist
• Sales Consultant
• Customer Service Professional
Still curious about the insurance industry and how important these careers are to our community? Check out this video which features Pat Sullivan from Hylant Insurance who worked with USF to create this program.