Dr. Julie Howenstine
Phone: 260.399.7700, ext. 8303
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Higher Education major, Marketing minor, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio. May 2013.
- Continuing Education Credits (16), United States Marine Corps, San Diego, California. April 2008.
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) University of Saint Thomas, Minneapolis, Minnesota. December 2002.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Marketing major, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan. December 1991.
Awards and Recognition
- Charles William, Nelle Paris & Mary Ann McKetta Excellence in Teaching Award in Business.
- Chief Marketing Officer Council (CMO), 2013 – present
- Member of Kappa Delta Pi, international honor society in education at University of Toledo, 2008 – present
- American Marketing Association, 1989-1991, 2007 – present
- Alpha Kappa Psi – Business Fraternity, 1990 – present
- October 6, 2015. Presented recruitment strategies aiming to attract females into undergraduate engineering programs. Employee Development Day, University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- April 8, 2014. Presented Shakespeare’s Hamlet to students and the community. Trine University, Angola, Indiana.
- October 2013. Presented Recruitment Strategies Aiming to Attract Females into Undergraduate Engineering Programs to the Allen School of Engineering and Technology (ASOET) Dean and Chairs. ASOET Dean’s Meeting, Trine University, Angola, Indiana.
- Summer 2010. Presented marketing data at the Career Development Professionals of Indiana, Inc. (CDPI). Summer Leadership Institute, Franklin College, Franklin, Indiana.
- Collaborating with Dr. John Stephens, University of Michigan Flint, to write an article about franchise location modeling.
- New Tech Academy (Wayne High School) Shark Tank 2016:
- January 29 (9:00 – 11:00 am & 2:00 – 4:00 pm)
- February 1 (9:00 – 11:00 am & 2:00 – 4:00 pm)
- Working on a service learning project with GiGi’s Playhouse (MKT410.01 and MKT410.02I), Spring 2016
- Attended and made donation to the YWCA Circle of Women Luncheon, “Why are We Asking the Wrong Question” with Beverly Gooden. December 3, 2015.
- Participated in and made donations to the USF Crush Hunger Can Food Drive, October 19 – 31, 2015.
- Philanthropic Educational Organization (PEO), Fort Wayne, Indiana Chapter. August 2015 – Present.
View Julie’s curriculum vitae.