Dr. Shawn Ambrose
Phone: 260.399.7700, ext. 8317
- Doctor of Philosophy in Organization and Management; Capella University, Minneapolis, MN, March 2010
- Dissertation Title: An exploratory study of why soldiers in a National Guard Battalion did not reenlist after deployment to Iraq
- Dissertation Committee: Karen Minchella, Ph.D. (Chair), Marc Muchnick, Ph.D., Paul Camacho, Ph.D.
- Master of Business Administration – Management Concentration; University of Akron, Akron, OH, May 2002
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications/Journalism; Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, PA, August 1992
- Employee retention
- Military personnel
- Military veteran reintegration
- Small business management
Awards and Recognitions
- United States Army Meritorious Service Medal
- United States Army Commendation Medal
- United States Army Achievement Medal
- Indiana State Commendation Medal
- United States Army Primary Leadership Development Course, honor graduate
- Academy of Management
- Inter-University Seminar on Armed Forces and Society
- Peer Review Corps, Higher Learning Commission
- Faculty Evaluation Corps, American Council on Education Military Programs
- Ambrose, S.D. & Reesman, R. (2015, April). Lunch and learn: Busse Business Academy and student success. University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne, IN
- Ambrose, S.D. (2015, March). Credit by examination and non-traditional credit for student success. Roundtable Discussion. 2015 Annual Conference of the Higher Learning Commission, Chicago
- Schmidt, P., Torlone, D., Martin, J., DeVille, A., Ambrose, S.D. (2014, October). Faculty governance: Where are we now? University of Saint Francis Employee Development Day, Fort Wayne, IN
- Ambrose, S.D. (2014, August). Sage on the stage, or guide on the side? Why you should consider “flipping your classroom?” Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College, Hayward, WI
- Ambrose, S.D., Gregg, K.M., Prather-Leming, B., Richard, J., Wade, C. (2014, March). Faculty motivated change. 2014 NACADA Region 5 Conference, Madison, WI
- Ambrose, S.D., Gregg, K.M., Prather-Leming, B., Richard, J., Wade, C. (2013, October). Phone-A-FAL: Faculty advisors liaison’s presentation. University of Saint Francis Faculty Development Day, Fort Wayne, IN
Scholarship of Application – Presentations:
- Ambrose, S.D. & Kruzic, M. (2015, September). Teaching in higher ed. Presentation given to Capella University Doctoral Colloquium students, Chicago.Ambrose, S.D. & Gerber, M. (2015, July). Getting ready for college: Homeschool style! Presentation given to Fort Wayne Christian Homeschool Teens, Fort Wayne, INAmbrose, S.D. (2013, June). How to earn college credit (or a degree) while homeschooling. Presentation given to Fort Wayne Christian Homeschool Teens, Fort Wayne, INAmbrose, S.D. (2012, January). Your hidden military educational benefits: The AARTS transcript and credit by examination. Military briefing conducted for B Company, 293rd Infantry Battalion, Indiana Army National GuardAmbrose, S.D. (2011, May). How to earn college credit (or a degree) while homeschooling. Presentation at the Latter-day Saint Eastern Home Educators Conference, Virginia Beach, VA.Ambrose, S.D. (2010, October). Retention in military forces. Panel Chairperson. Inter-University Seminar on Armed Forces and Society Canada Conference, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.Ambrose, S.D. (2009, October). The individual consequences of service. Panel Chairperson/Discussant. Biennial International Conference, Inter-University Seminar on Armed Forces and Society, Chicago.Ambrose, S.D., Perry, K., Jennings, L., & Taylor, F. (2009, February). LCO Community College and an LCO success story: A presentation of a student written marketing plan for a tribal business. Presentation at the Wisconsin Indian Business Conference, Green Bay, WI.
Ambrose, S.D. (2007, October). The crescent of crisis redux. Panel Chairperson. Biennial International Conference, Inter-University Seminar on Armed Forces and Society, Chicago.
Ambrose, S.D. (2006, September). Can realistic job previews address United States Army Reserve component recruiting issues? Inter-University Seminar on Armed Forces and Society Canada Conference, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Ambrose, S.D. (2006, February). Military downsizing in the 1990’s: Examining the ethical concerns. Eastern Sociological Society Annual Meeting, Boston.
Ambrose, S.D. (2005, October). Lessons from Operation Iraqi Freedom. Panel Discussant. Biennial International Conference, Inter-University Seminar on Armed Forces and Society, Chicago.
- Junior Achievement, volunteer instructor
- Boy Scouts of America, Order of the Arrow, Troop 39 committee chair
View Shawn Ambrose’s curriculum vitae.